Tour the Georgetown Campus 37th and O St., N.W. Washington, DC 20007 Get Direction McSherry Hall is a meditation center for students, faculty and staff. History of McSherry Building McSherry Hall was built in 1792 to stable horses and as a storage area for construction tools. It has been used throughout the years as a bakery, a pressing shop, the university archives, a biology lab, and a student newspaper office. It is named for William McSherry, S.J., who was Provincial of the Maryland Province of Jesuits from 1833 to 1838.